Monday, August 14, 2006

Running - ouch!

I don't think I mentioned I started running last week to get ready for 'cross season. I've heard it hurts us cyclists who are not used to running. OMG - no kidding! I was in pain for two days afterward. All I did was run down to Lake Harriet and run a little ways on the path, then turn around - 25 minutes only. About 1/3 of the way in I started feeling less awkward and got a rhythm going, but I didn't want to push it. I'm glad I didn't! Sunday team ride, Monday running, Tuesday yoga - my legs were killing me! I best suck it up, because 'cross isn't for wimps...
__The weather is getting cooler, the morning air is invigorating, which means the best time of the year in the midwest is approaching! Soon the leaves will be turning, the morning dew will sparkle on the grass, and the shiny Trek XO will be getting dirty!