Sunday, September 21, 2008

Porkchop Challenge race report and ramblings

Cyclocross is hard. No news there. But it really requires the lactate threshold and beyond fitness. I'm in base training, but now's the perfect time for intervals, and I just paid $20 for a hard core interval training session. It was also a lot of fun. Went up with CJ and N8 from Crossniacs, and between us we did all three races, so there were handups all around on a hot day. I lined up at the back since I didn't want to get in anyone's way. I ended up getting in the way of the women, as we were leapfrogging for a while, but eventually my tank ran out. In the end I wasn't last like I expected, and I had a good time hanging out before and after the race, so overall a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I forgot my cowbell, but at least Ray brought one. I miss Portland races. No mayhem here. And with Powderhorn and Boom Boom cancelled, I don't see a lot of mayhem coming up. I'll just have to remember my cowbell next time and make a little noise. Ray said it was too hot to wear a mumu. Teammate Mario won the C race - w00t! Beer, chili and pumpkin cake were yummy after a hard race.