Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I love my team!

Missed Opus II yesterday because I couldn't get out of work in time, but showed up to cheer. It would have been a good day to race, too, since DS rode along as coach in the 5s and 4s, and a lot of teammates showed up to race. Alas. That being the case, I had to make up for it, and I knew a good Wednesday Cat 6 sprint ride would do the trick.
__I was not mistaken. We had a good turnout for my first Wednesday ride of the season. DS was back from travelling, Skidsy showed up, as well as several Cat 6 regulars and some new guys. Buzz showed up recovered from his crash last season on a spanking new Lemond. I was really pleased with how I was riding, especially compared to this time last year! I was second on the big hills (damn you Josh!) and contested all the sprints - DS and Tyler even led me out for the Minneapolis town sign. What a train to get on - damn! Even with the blistering sprints and attacking the hills we never dropped anyone because we slow up and regroup after them. Then of course we met up at Town Hall for a recovery meal of beer and burgers. What more could you want (that's bloggable)?? Actually there are a couple of cool things, but I'll save that for another post.