Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Heat

Let's see, why did I want to move to Portland in the first place? Oh yes, mild weather. Well, I'm re-acclimating, but heat and humidity makes me cranky. Good thing I got an air conditioner for the bedroom, because I can't sleep at all when it's hot.
__I woke up early again Wednesday morning, like Monday morning. I'm sure my serotonin levels are low in the morning, as I'm always anxious when I wake up early. I don't think that's the cause of waking up though, as waking up doesn't otherwise seem to correlate to any kind of stress or anxiety. Sometimes it's good though, as it motivates me to deal with the things I worry about in the wee hours of the morning.
__The Wednesday ride with C6RS went well until I got a flat near the end - training wheels fortunately. I let the group go ahead, as I wasn't going to Town Hall anyway because I wanted to catch the first mountain stage of the Tour. Dan came by as I was fixing the flat (a staple near the universities on Summit) - he had just missed the rendezvous at the "dog house" and was doing the route on his own. We had a nice chat on the way home.
__So the Tour was very interesting in the mountains. If you're following the Tour you know what I mean, if you're not it would take too long to explain it here. In any event, today's going to be really interesting... The Birchwood Bettys are having a little party at the cafe to watch the stage, and they can bring an SO, so I'll be going over there with Lynne to watch and have some "real good food" and beer. Should be fun!