Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fixed

Wow, why did I wait so long to get back to yoga? I feel so much better. And to boot, since I got there early, the attendant at the yoga center told me about One on One and The Fix, which is just down the street a block. I'm sure all you locals know about it, but it's an urban bike shop with a coffee and sandwich bar, cycling books available for perusal, and a laid-back, bike-friendly atmosphere. It was so nice being back in an urban environment! I ogled some Bianchi 'cross bikes and they had a couple of Cross-Checks. As an added bonus, the shop has a massage therapist who works out of the space upstairs, known as "The Fix" who specializes in cyclists! He also teaches a yoga class at my yoga center, but it's on Wednesdays, my team's training ride day. Seems he was the therapist of the U.S. Cycling Team from 1998 to 2004. Score! The shop seems SS and messenger friendly, so I'm thinking about taking the old Fuji in and taking the next step from SS to fixed, going 42x16 instead of 42x18 free (since there are no hills here). w00t!