Thursday, November 05, 2009

My Review of Shimano MT60 Gore-Tex Bike Shoes - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

Power through wet and nasty conditions with the mid-cut Shimano MT60 Gore-Tex® bike shoes. They're built for durable comfort and support.


Winter shoes

By fsgray from Minneapolis, MN on 11/5/2009

 

4out of 5

Gift: No

Sizing: Feels half size too small

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Good Traction, Good for Walking

Cons: Finicky Closures

Best Uses: Commuter shoes, Everyday riding

Describe Yourself: Competitive Cyclist

I bought these for winter commuting. Although temps haven't been much below freezing yet, I already notice they're warmer than regular shoes. I bought a size too large to accomodate chemical warmers and thicker socks, but that didn't gain me as much room as expected. The Gore-Tex works great in the rain for about 1/2 hour before it gets overwhelmed. Soles are quite squishy, but great for walking around in. The laces look nice, but I sure hope I don't have to futz with them in the cold! There's a little elastic band to tuck the laces into so they don't get in the way. More fussy than velcro straps, but they look stealthy; not at all like dorky cycling shoes. Quite satisfied so far, and much cheaper than dedicated winter shoes.

(legalese)