Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ham Lake cyclocross race report

I had the lyrics "I was strolling through the park one day, in the merry merry month of October" going through my head today. I'd heard that there would be a runup in the course today, but that wasn't the case. It consisted entirely of a wooded path, mostly wide enough to allow passing, a long stretch of asphalt road and a longish stretch of wide ski(?) trail. Only one place you had to dismount, a set of three barriers, placed at different distances, messing up any rhythm. This course was even tamer than Lake Rebecca, where you at least had some runups and dismounts and stuff. You'd think someone could have put a log across the trail or found some kind of runup or SOMETHING to make it interesting. At least there were some people out making some noise, that was good. Anyway, lined up at the back again, and really wasn't feeling motivated. The course really showed off my lack of fitness too, since I couldn't hide it by finessing anything cyclocross-y. Should have raced on Sunday. I had to zip home to have time to take Sascha to the airport, so no watching the A race. Thinking of racing tomorrow anyway to salvage the weekend. At least both races are only $20 each.