Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This and that

Went running again today and dialed up the pace over the last time. No pikas today, just chipmunks, although I saw one critter with no chipmunk stripes, but no pika ears either, so I'm not sure what it was (too small to be a prairie dog).

I'm really into the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, and tonight we'll watch the final episode until the season resumes in January. After that I'll be able to check out the fan sites without worrying about spoilers. Yes, I'm a nerd, but that's not news to anyone that knows me. It's as interesting as a good book, politically relevant, philosophically stimulating, with neat special effects and hot Cylon chicks (and guys) too. The characters are complex and real, not simply good vs. evil. Seriously, what more could you want?

Physical therapy is coming along, but as remarkable as all the little improvements each day are, I want to be fit again! Once I'm "normal" I still have to work my way back up to the fitness, strength and flexibility I had before the crash. Fortunately, I've had good sports doctors that understand what it's like for an athlete. I'll be so happy when I can sprint on the road bike, shoulder the cross bike for a runup and jump into bakasana in yoga class. To stick with the nerdiness: "patience, young jedi."

Another potential doper caught at the Tour. I'm not liking how they're guilty until proven innocent, especially with the proven outrageous incompetence of the labs, but it looks like confidence is slowly being restored to the Tour and the sport in general. But really, at a time when our justice system is under extreme duress, how about at least waiting for the B sample results before declaring yourself judge, jury and executioner, armchair pundits?