Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Humpty Dumpty

Well yesterday all the king's horses and all the king's men put ol' Humpty Dumpty back together again. Humpty was feeling mighty sore though as the "block" wore off ("block" being some way of anaesthetising the area). They kept giving me more Dilaudid (which is what they tried to give me in the ambulance but couldn't because they couldn't get the IV going), and it seemed the more they gave, the more I hurt, until I was practically yelling at them to give some Percoset. When the Percoset finally took effect I felt better, but not before feeling some of the worst bone-throbbing pain I've felt in a long time - certainly worse than the crash itself. I stayed overnight, which was good because I was in no kind of condition to go home! Got home this afternoon, and it feels so good to be in my Ikea chair, which is way comfier than anything, especially when I'm injured. Percoset, chair, kitty and cookies - much happier now. And a huge thanks to my mom who came up from Des Moines to help me this week!