Saturday, February 16, 2008

(dis) knows coffee, nice day for a ride...

...if you're a Minnesotan. Predicted temps in the low 30s didn't materialize, and a brisk wind out of the south made it feel colder, but I've been jonesing to ride, so I bundled up and set out for a longer ride. At the point of no return I decided to shorten it up, and I'm glad I did. Even with shoe covers and chemical warmers, the toes were getting a bit chilly, and the fingers as well even with lobster glovers and polypro liners. In the end it was only 36 poofter miles, but with starting up running again this week, the legs were starting to protest a bit. To be safe I'd packed along two bottles of Gatorade and three Gus, and I used them all! Apparently the body burns a lot more calories when it's trying to keep warm AND pedal bike! Time to clean the chain...

Intended to check out Spyhouse Coffee on (dis)pencer's recommendation, and actually ended up at the Bad Waitress due to some confusion. We didn't mind, though, because the coffee there knocked my socks off! Best coffee in Minneapolis so far, but I intend to expand my horizons even more. Their breakast? Meh. Stick to the coffee.