Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains...

I was awakened at 2am last night by my cell phone. A software deployment went awry, so I had to fix it (fortunately not my fault). After getting things reconfigured, I went back to sleep, only to be awakened again at 3am. Apparently the solution didn't work as designed, so some h4x0r skills were needed. Set the alarm for 4:15am to check on the new solution, which worked fortunately. Then back to sleep until 5:30am so I can bring the car in for scheduled maintenance before driving to Iowa to see the family for Thanksgiving and then Jingle Cross. I really didn't sleep between these intervals though, so I've been up since 2am essentially. Feeling like a zombie. Working on my second espresso of the morning.

Actually I'm realizing how cushy I have it. Working through the night, late nights, putting in time even when my work was done, all used to be pretty normal for me. So really, I can't complain at all. Especially when I have an espresso maker at home to jump start myself at 6am!