Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Double race this weekend after all?

With the Milaca race this weekend cancelled, I was thinking of going to Iowa to see my family, since the Lake Rebecca race isn't one of my favorites. But really, who am I kidding? A fall weekend without cyclocross? So I'm thinking I might get my double race in anyway. I could do the C race as a warm up, then do the 35+ A race. $20 plus $5 extra race = two races for the price of one (of the races this past weekend), and a net 90 minutes of racing just like the other weekends. What a deal! What I hate about this race is that it all comes down to a tight hairpin right at the start, since the rest of the race is pretty much singletrack where it's very difficult to pass. So I figure I pull myself out of that chaos so I'm not sandbagging the C race and not getting in the way of the so-serious A racers, and do my own race. Sounds like a good plan to me...