Monday, March 26, 2007

Dorks in lycra; Ever had one of those days...

Ever had one of those days when it feels like you have a tailwind during the whole ride? Even though it's windy because of a storm blowing in? Yesterday was like that. After scrambling to get everything together for a ride after moving to the new condo on Saturday, I finally got out on the bike. Warnings of a 70% chance of thunderstorms and possibly hail didn't deter, since the skies looked fairly benign and I was jonesing to get out and ride. I wanted to do a long route, but I had enough sense to stick close to home in the event things got dangerous. They never did, and I took the plush Pacer out. It was a great ride, one of those days I wish I were in a race because I was all kinds of frisky on the bike. Probably wasn't going all that fast on the 25 lb. bike, but I'm sure I had a big old grin on my face, just like almost everyone else and their dogs who were out enjoying the weather yesterday! Department store klunker to high zoot carbon, everyone was out taking advantage of the precious Minnesota commodity: nice weather in March! And hey, what's wrong with waving back on a gorgeous day like this? Category 1 or Category 6, you're still just a dork in lycra just like the rest of us!