Tuesday, December 05, 2006

StartBikeRacing.com

Well the cat's out of the bag. I was planning on putting together a more detailed post, but in case anyone's curious I wanted the throw up a quick post. A while back I found an opportunity to be able to do something about growing the sport of bike racing in Minnesota. That opportunity was the StartBikeRacing.com initiative that was suffering from neglect. I volunteered to take it on, which was made official at the MCF meeting last night. My plan is to start with some needed updates to the site, and then solicit input from the community about ways to help new bike racers through StartBikeRacing.com. Cooperation and volunteers will be critical. Of course there are many opportunities that are beyond the scope of the site, so I aim to start with the low-hanging fruit and do a good job with that to start. I'll have more information later, including opportunities for others that are interested in helping out.