Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Finally

Stayed home sick today, so I managed to get the freewheel converted to the fixed cog. It was pretty easy actually. Not sure how the bottom bracket lock ring is supposed to work, since there are barely two threads left, and the lock ring is bigger than the freewheel threads. No worries, I don't have massive legs o' steel anyway. Dura-Ace 16 tooth track cog, same 42 tooth front ring and 1/8 in. chain (didn't have to take out any links to go from the 18 tooth freewheel). Haven't really ridden it, although I did try to get on and off the bike in the alley. It'll take some getting used to, but I still have the regular old school Suntour pedals on there so I don't hurt anything while I'm getting used to it!
__Being sick sucks, at least it happened after cyclocross season.