Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Northfield Crit and Des Moines visit


First of all, way to go Cat6! State champs in the 4/5 and 3/4 fields! Picture is Derrick winning the 3/4 race. As for me, they pulled me after about four laps of intense racing. It was a short, fast, technical course, so they were strict on pulling people. The hill didn't seem so bad until you did it a few times, then it just wore you down. I think that was the most intense effort ever! More than CX even, because I've learned to warm up beforehand, so I'm not limited by wanting to throw up!
__It's been so great to be able to see my mom for the weekend since moving to Mpls. Lynne and I went down last weekend and had a nice picnic, played some Aggravation, saw my step-family and had a good time. I didn't even have to fix any computers!